A massive number of citizens have experienced financial distress because of the pandemic of coronavirus. India has also faced an immense number of job loss and salary cuts this year and to cover the emergency or financial needs during this pandemic stage citizens are breaking their FDs, and making a partial withdrawal from their EPF account to overcome the financial instability of COVID-19.
In order to make it easy for an individual to withdraw money from his / her EPF account, EPFO has made several arrangements to enable an employee to withdraw money by using a mobile. Once the EPFO accept your partial EPF withdrawal application, you can withdraw the PF amount which will be directly credited to your bank account instantly.
You can withdraw your money working from home using the government e-governance UMANG App. The UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) app was developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD). Access to e-Gov programs spanning from Central and Local Government entities and numerous other services including withdrawal of PF money has allowed for Indian citizens under this single platform.
The UMANG service is accessible on various platforms such as Mobile App, SMS, Web, and IVR, and can be operated from your comfort.
But before covering the process for EPF withdrawal make sure that you have verified your KYC details, linked UAN to Aadhaar and also linked the UMANG app with your Aadhaar.
- Download and install the UMANG app from the default app store of your mobile.2. Now open the app, go to the search option and search for EPFO.
- and tap on the Raise Claim option under the search options.
- Now enter your EPF UAN number and an OTP will be generated on your registered mobile number instantly
- Enter the received OTP on the required field and confirm the type of withdrawal you want to make.
- Now a claim reference number will be generated using which you can track the status of your claim.